Monday, January 10, 2011

LABOR PREP




Ahhhhh -- the glorious 34 week mark!!! The end is in sight and I have been given the green light to go ahead and start with my labor prep routine. I love having something to do that makes me feel proactive and helps pass the time. My labor prep includes a lot -- and the hope is that all of these things will help get my body, cervix, and uterus all primed and ready for an on time labor. The list includes:

Sipping tons of RED RASPBERRY LEAF TEA
Nightly EVENING PRIMROSE OIL capsules inserted into you know where
A daily schedule of DR. CHRISTOPHER'S PRENATAL FORMULA
Weekly ACUPUNCTURE visits
Nightly PERINEAL MASSAGE

I believe the perineal massage was sooooooo pivotal in preventing me from tearing. With Miles having been such a big baby -- I know that the PM was the entire reason for my good fortune. The Evening Primrose oil is supposed to help with tearing as well, as it helps to soften the tissue. It also helps to soften the cervix and help it ripen. The Red Raspberry Leaf Tea and Dr. Christopher's are all herbal preparations made specifically to prepare the uterus and tone it for the big day. I am supposed to take more and more of the Dr. Christopher's, the closer I get to labor, as this too will help my uterus to produce progressive contractions. The acupuncture won't actually begin for another few weeks and this will be done to help with late, third trimester discomfort and to help get labor started. I also dug out my birth ball and have been sitting on it in hopes to coax little Lennon to drop and engage. I should have been using it for awhile now since it helps to alleviate back pain -- but alas -- I am using it now.

This is all so exciting and I can't believe that we are gearing up for the big day. As slow as time seems to be moving these days -- it's also astonishing how fast this pregnancy flew by. We are just 6 weeks away from welcoming baby home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment