Thursday, August 12, 2010

PRENATAL WITH OUR MIDWIFE

We had another prenatal appointment today with our Midwife!!! Just a general checkup and she drew some blood for the basic prenatal work-up. Blood count, STD's, infections, and what not. Renee does have a new assistant (who's name totally escapes me at the moment) who is a 2nd year Midwife in training and she is very VERY lovely. I agreed to let her do my blood draw, which she was very nervous about, and despite a minor mishap with some possible bruising, she did a great job. I was impressed that I never felt the needle go in!!! We also listened to the baby's heart beat (again) and it sounded so strong and healthy. Our little peanut's ticker was just ticking away rapidly!!! I mentioned to Renee that I have been feeling much better these days, although I seem to be coming down with a minor case of the blues. She said that it sounded like a hormonal fluctuation and she recommended more calcium and some Motherwort. I will definately be taking her advice!!! I think that sums it all up -- oh -- wait -- and I forgot to mention that Renee has joined the legions of people who are absolutely convinced that the baby is a girl. I, of course, still have my suspicians that lil Len??? is a darling He. Only time will tell. Lots of love until the next post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment