Monday, November 15, 2010

PRENATAL APPOINTMENT TODAY - 26 WEEKS PREGNANT

I met with my midwife this afternoon for our 26 week appointment. We're off on our weeks as I didn't see her for the first time until 10 weeks -- but it doesn't really matter. She had me scarf down a banana and 16 oz. of Orange Juice about 2 hours before my appointment, so that she could do a blood draw for Gestational Diabetes. She's also testing my titers this week, as well. The results should be in tomorrow, but I have a pretty good feeling that all is well on both fronts. Miles has O neg blood like me so I was never exposed or sensitized to positive blood. I already told Renee that I will not be getting the Rhogam shot at 28 weeks (I also refused it with Miles), but that I would like to have it on hand at the birth in case Lennon is type positive. I see no reason to inject myself with something that could have potentially adverse affects on the baby if there is really no reason. Plus, if I test positive on my titers it's too late anyway. In other news, I am measuring 1 week ahead in my fundal height and am currently at "27 weeks". This 26 week momma is soooooo not surprised by this news!!! I feel like I'm bigger than I should be. Belly-wise. My weight is spot on perfect at 18lbs. gained -- although I was stunned to learn that I put on 5lbs. in the last month. My midwife was really pleased about it though as I had only gained 1lb. the previous month. I figure -- if I gain 5lbs. per month for the rest of the pregnancy that would put me at a 35lb. weight gain which is about 7 lbs. less than I gained with Miles -- so I'm feeling pretty good about that. I know I will probably put on a little more weight than that, but as long as I stay within the healthy range I'm happy. What else? Oooooh -- the big news -- Renee felt for Lennon's position and she found his perfect little head nudged snuggly against my cervix. I was so excited to learn that he is head down and that the pressure on my cervix is indeed from that. He is also crammed into a tiny little ball up against the right of my uterus and wiggled and squirmed and kicked like a mad man. Renee kept trying to get his heartbeat on the fetal doppler, but he moved so much that it took her several tries before she could conclude that it was about 140 bpm. I filled Renee in on some of the stressful occurances this past month and about the fact that I am way more irritable this pregnancy. She said it's perfectly normal -- especially for a second pregnancy and to just keep reassuring people that I love them. Mostly -- keep reassuring Jay Jay. Poor guy. He gets the brunt. I also mentioned the nightly calf cramping that has begun to occur and she recommended trying a different type of CALM. I said -- WILL DO!!! Oh and I'm supposed to try to get more leafy greens in my diet to up my calcium intake. That's about it -- except that at the end of the visit she mentioned that our next appointment would be at 30 WEEKS!!! 30 freaking weeks!!! Hearing it out loud threw me for a loop. I just looked at her with my jaw dropped and said -- "Here we go Renee -- it's the downhill race!!!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment