Wednesday, November 3, 2010

UNUSUAL CRAMPING

We're trying to remain calm and collected, but around 9 o'clock last night I started getting some moderate cramping. Usually when this happens, I get off of my feet, relax, and drink tons of water. None of that seemed to work. We debated wether or not to call our midwife, but I thought that we should hold out. The cramps were very similar to menstural cramps and were continuous. There was never a break -- or rather they were'nt contraction like in nature. So Jason rubbed my lower back and put a heating pad on it and I decided to sleep it off. Well -- the pain never subsided -- although it didn't get worse either and when I woke up this morning I was still feeling some mild cramping. As of right now -- I am still experiencing it. The good news is that there is no blood and no leaking -- and I can still feel Lennon moving around like mad. Jason thinks that it's cramping from my uterus and ligaments growing and stretching and that I should experience some relief soon. I'm going to call my midwife in a few minutes here and see what she has to say. I know she's going to tell me to take it easy, and I have been (except for the cleaning the house thing), but it's really hard when sweet little Miles wants his momma to pick him up and hold him and walk him around. I know she'll also come by and check my cervix to make sure that there's no dilation -- and honestly -- that makes me cringe. I know it's what's best for baby Lennon, but God knows I hate vaginal exams. That's one of the reasons I have a midwife in the first place -- minimal exams!!! Just the way I like it. But it has to be done -- especially since it feels like the cramps are starting to ramp up. I will post an update.

0 comments:

Post a Comment