Wednesday, June 16, 2010

THE BEAUTY OF HENNA


I don't know if everyone remembers the HEINOUS haircut that accompanied our pregnancy announcement back in 2009, but it was bad -- REALLLLLY bad. I had been dying my hair auburn for nearly a year, and learned that I would not be able to use hair dye for the first few months of pregnancy. So, I had to go back to blonde. From red. What a nightmare. After many lightening applications and a failed attempt to ash out the red, my hair was fried. There was no way around it, I had to get it cut. I had this adoreable little ear length style in mind. Did I get the adoreable little ear length style? No. I got butchered. The first haircut was miserably uneven and led to a second cut that resulted in boy short hair. BOY SHORT. Today, nearly 17 months later, my hair is still only shoulder length. Don't let anyone tell you that your hair grows faster during pregnancy. It's a fallacy. Think about it. You're metabolism slows down to allow for better absorption of nutrients. Hello!?!?! Your metabolism slows down. Everything slows down. Even hair and nail growth. Bonus -- less frequent shaving. It's beside the point. Flash forward to today. I am back to red -- which clearly I love if I was willing to go back to it after my experience -- but this time I can continue to color. I have been using henna and THAT my friends is approved for use during pregnancy. Unless you are genetically predisposed to some kind of very rare deficiency -- which I am not. So -- absolutely freaking YAY!!! I can remain a redhead and I don't have to cut all of my hair off -- YET. Henna is ubber permanent ( I only had to do the length of my hair once -- it hasn't faded) -- if I ever want to go back to blonde it's snip snip!!! At least I won't be pregnant!!! Maybe I should knock on wood. LOL -- I just did.

0 comments:

Post a Comment